Mixing and master tutorials

Lancevance

Hey Everyone, this is my first post on this forum and I joined because I need some help.

I was looking into doing a Mixing and Mastering course and there's some good one's out there but they cost about £3000 and I don't have that right now.

In the meantime, I thought I could self teach and maybe even learn so much on my own that I don't need the course.

I was wondering if anyone has self taught themselves and if there are any good books, DVDs or websites etc I should look at.

I've made music forever but mastering has always been a hurdle for me, mixing not as much but I could do with some professional advice to make my sound more professional.

I make Hip-Hop music on FL Studio 10, I've got a whole bunch of VSTs and have ACID Pro 7 as well.

If there's any software or VSTs or hardware I need please let me know.

I used to put compressors and reverbs all over the channels on my FL Mixer, but I recently got told off for that as it brings up too much dirt, so now I do more routing and sends and when I get a chance I'm gonna have another crack at mastering with these new changes.

This would all be very helpful. Thanks :cool:

Two of the best things you can do to get better at mixing and mastering is know your hardware/software and get as much experience/practice as you can.

Check out the Youtube channels Recordingrevolution and Pensadosplace, and watch interviews with the most famous mixers and masterers and learn their philosophies. Also check out mixing and mastering articles on Sound On Sound magazine.

Wow, Thanks for all this information so quickly, I'll definitely check all of those.

Based on the equipment that I've got listed in my first post, will what I have be enough to start mastering and mixing or do I need more hardware/software/vsts to get started?

Wow, Thanks for all this information so quickly, I'll definitely check all of those.

Based on the equipment that I've got listed in my first post, will what I have be enough to start mastering and mixing or do I need more hardware/software/vsts to get started?

You need knowledge, not gear or software.

The two books I listed will teach you everything you need to know
to be comfortable with mixing and mastering.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back