Mixing bass

hello,
Cant hear a distortion but you maybe mean the tremble of the bass . Just eq and cut some high frequencies and i think you will be ok
If you still dislike the result then its the volume and in that case you can make the bass sound equal by changing a bit of the velocity of each note and then slightly compress it ( first balance then compression )
hope it helps !

I've listened and can't hear anything that amounts to distortion, though there seem to be some intermodulation artefacts between the hats the kick snare and bass at various points...

which version of reason? I have 4, 6.5, 7.5 and 8 installed and access to my 5/5.5 installs as well, can look at the whole session for you

I've listened and can't hear anything that amounts to distortion, though there seem to be some intermodulation artefacts between the hats the kick snare and bass at various points...

which version of reason? I have 4, 6.5, 7.5 and 8 installed and access to my 5/5.5 installs as well, can look at the whole session for you

I have reason 5 and that would be cool.

The bass sounds good to me. Maybe you'd just prefer to change the bass timbre because it's not quite what you were going for? I'm listening to your file with headphones atm so take this with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the level could perhaps could do with being brought down a touch. Other than that though I'd say it's all good, I like it as it is.

Back