Maximizer vst

MooseTracks

I want to download a good maximizer vst to help out my tracks in the final stages of mastering. I know that Izotope Ozone 5 has a maximizer within it that you can add to each band to get that extra oomf but not in my budget. I have heard about Aradaz Maximizer, Ferric TDS and Buz Vintage Maxi and was wondering if anyone has heard or uses/used any of these vsts and could give me some feedback with which one I should go with. Preciate the help!

I as well would say L2. Its the best and every studio I ever been too the engineer uses it on the final mix. just don't go too crazy with it set output to 0.4 and threshold the trick is to not overdue it but get it loud listen for distortion and work back up till its clean and the kick sound proper and bass sounds proper. Thats for any type of music.

You could use ArazadMaximizer. I've used it many times, its a good one. It's simple to use & the finished sound is incredible for this free stuff. Sorry for my bad english. :s

Last edited:
There's a free clone of the waves L1 called the W1 and that's pretty nice.

I highly recommend Tone Boosters "Barricade". It's $20 and is definitely a brickwall limiter that can compete with the big shots. It's just so transparent and powerful sounding.
Another great limiter is the Sonnox "Oxford Limiter." It runs at $300 off of the Sonnox website. This limiter has such a smooth sound to it. It also has an enhance knob which somehow alters the harmonics to make the perceived loudness greater. -Best of luck.

The Fabfilter Pro-L is also pretty good, very easy to use and quite flexible. Not sure of the price but it does have a 30 day free trial..
Also worth checking out the Massey L2007. Cheap and sounds great.

I want to download a good maximizer vst to help out my tracks in the final stages of mastering. I know that Izotope Ozone 5 has a maximizer within it that you can add to each band to get that extra oomf but not in my budget. I have heard about Aradaz Maximizer, Ferric TDS and Buz Vintage Maxi and was wondering if anyone has heard or uses/used any of these vsts and could give me some feedback with which one I should go with. Preciate the help!

Steven Slate FG-X for me. I cannot believe how analog this thing sounds. :victory:

I as well would say L2. Its the best and every studio I ever been too the engineer uses it on the final mix. just don't go too crazy with it set output to 0.4 and threshold the trick is to not overdue it but get it loud listen for distortion and work back up till its clean and the kick sound proper and bass sounds proper. Thats for any type of music.

is this what everyone does in the final stage? pull your levels down to say -6db and pull the threshold down on the maximizer just before it starts distorting?

If so, is there any danger of it making the track sound too squashed by doing it this way or is this how its done?

is this what everyone does in the final stage? pull your levels down to say -6db and pull the threshold down on the maximizer just before it starts distorting?

If so, is there any danger of it making the track sound too squashed by doing it this way or is this how its done?

I'm not sure if that's the right wording; Rather, set your threshold to whatever you'd like. Then push your levels up until the first point of distortion. That's your "loudness" sweet spot. There's no danger of making it too squashed up until this point, it should still sound nice.

If you want it louder than that, you'll have to do some extra work.

What do you guys think about the maximizer that is already in the plug-in Izotope Ozone 5? I'm thinking about picking that up for my mastering. I've been using the stock one on FL Studios "Maximus" but I keep hearing Ozone 5 is dope. Thoughts?

Lol yeah for sure! I had to learn how to use Maximus because when I would use it, my mixes sounded terrible. The frequencies were all in the red but I thought it sounded dope at the time haha. But that was when I first started doing production. Do you use Ozone 5? I have a video that explains how to use both Maximus and Ozone 5 I'm just not sure I'm willing to purchase it right just yet. Budget is pretty tight right now.

Back