komplete9 or maschine?

OdomOnTheBeat

Whats up guys? I am on the verge of buying K9 (not ultimate) and called GC to see if their shelf was same price as online. Guy talked to me for a solid hour...greatest q an a i ever had with an associate. Anyways he was really hyping maschine up to be basically the nagicians finest trick. Curious...i dont have a lot of money. And at 28 id like to invest wisely. Which is the better buy and why? Im a software nerd myself but coukd be persuadef if the hype is right.

I can give you a customers perspective on either of these.

I have Maschine Mk2 and Komplete 9 Ultimate. They are both great for different reasons.

Maschine can really change your workflow in the studio, and comes with some fantastic selling drums. It is basically a more digital MPC. It has swing sequencing and can be used as a plugin in other DAW's.

However, Komplete is exactly as it advertises. I'll have to read the non ultimate version features, but Komplete will really set you up with a lot of samples, including drums from battery and what not.

What kind of production do you think you'll be doing?

Which makes me wonder.. You were out looking for something like what Komplete has to offer.. How on earth did that need stray onto the Maschine? They are on opposite sides of the universe.. If you need plugins, the choice is rather simple.

Personally, I would go with Komplete.
Why?
Because I've tried Maschine and never really found a proper use for it that anything in my DAW can't do already.

Last edited:
I would probably say komplete as well, buuuuut...

If you're doing hip-hop maschine is really really really nice. A lot of hip-hop is about the static feeling of programmed loops, especially drums, and maschine is a great sequencer.

Back