Kendrick Lamar backing vocals?

RandyPeterMuzic

Hey, sorry if it's a noob question, but most of mine are. I'm still just starting off, but on to the question!
I've been listening to a lot of tracks involving Kendrick Lamar lately, and I notice he has a a pretty unique mix on his background vocals.
I can't put my finger on it at all, to me it kind of seems like the lows are all just cut and maybe there's a little over drive on it?
I really suck at guessing.

https://soundcloud.com/interscope/m...he-world-feat-future-lil-wayne-kendrick-lamar

If you don't know what I'm talking about listen to the hook on this song and you'll understand better. On the repeat of the hook when future sings "I just wanna buy the world, do the impossible" I'm pretty sure Kendrick is singing back up. I know it's a pretty open ended question, but any idea on what kind of chain is behind those vocals?

I'd also like to know this.

I listen to a lot of Kendrick and he usually has warmer vocals. This sounds like the high is up a little more than it usually is on something like Chapter Six off of his Section .80 Album. But you'll notice that the vocals don't sound very harsh, especially for a track with Weezy on it (who usually hisses into that god damn rode nt1a).

If there is distortion, it's most likely very subtle to make it stand out a little more. I think the low is cut out a bit, and I may be over reaching here, but I think I hear the highs compressed more than the rest of the signal.

That's just what I hear. It sounds like a hiss that's pleasant.

Back