How to register that thing??

madapesdevourer

Yo guys,

I got a problem, I wanna start to register some trap style songs but I don't know how to register thing like this (I don't know even how its called, that's why I gonna show u it on an exemple) :

I'm talkin' about the repetitions in the chorus (Ch-Ch-Ch-Chyba nie... , P-P-P-Plny mamy...)

How they do register this? They are doin' it manualy by chopping it, copyin' and pastin' it or maybe they are using a vsti or a sample machine?

Can You clear it up a bit in my head? Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talkin' about the repetitions in the chorus (Ch-Ch-Ch-Chyba nie... , P-P-P-Plny mamy...)

How they do register this? They are doin' it manualy by chopping it, copyin' and pastin' it or maybe they are using a vsti or a sample machine?

!

They could have just recorded it like that.

that is a performance trick not a sampling trick - i.e. the rapper does it in real time as the recording is made

perhaps but as I noted that is actually performed in real-time by the rapper - this if course used to happen no-matter who you were before the late 80's; only after samplers became cheap to buy (sub $5k) could regular home studios access this type of keyboard based stuttering effect

Back