How do I mix sounds a track on FL Studio?

RyanTrapstar

People keep telling my sounds need to be mixed more correctly. Any idea on how to do that and make is sound more professional ?

There's no simple answer except: diving into the world of mixing (if you want to do it yourself).
Go to the library and borrow an introductionary book on mixing.
Also check out Recordingrevolution both on YouTube and the site itself (that site and channel is a great starter).

But of course, if you give us a link to your tracks we can check those out give you more direct answers on where you need to improve.

Go to the library and borrow an introductionary book on mixing.

+1.

I have some of the highest-recommended books listed on my resources page:

Recommended Learning Resources at Salem Beats Blog

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews/Blog)
gpWmqu

Play with the levels on ur mixer. Theres a lot of helpful tips on youtube, like the fellow above stated. Just type in in what your trying to figure out.

Here's my dumbed down simple version: Send each sound to its own bus on the mixer and turn the volume on each down completely. Then slowly bring up your drums, snares, etc listening to make sure no sounds over power the others. Then bring up the instruments making them sit in the mix. Once everything sounds alright, add some dynamics like reverb on some of your instruments, stereo, eq, look up some of these words on Youtube for basic tutorials. The general idea is you dont want your music to sound like it feels like your drowning in mud. You want it to sound crystal clear and make it pop!

Get the Engineer's Handbook, route all of your instruments to seperate channels on the mixer and train your ears; use your favorite songs for reference. Mixing really can't be taught..it's a trial and error thing.

Back