How do I create hard knocking, booming, 808 sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RozayTittays

I just started producing trap beats about 6 months ago so I don't know shit about EQ's and all of that but I do **** around with them sometimes and I try my best to make something that sounds good. I could make a descent drum pattern by now but I don't know how to make my 808's knocking. I tried turning the volume up on the 808's but then it gets way too static. I tried turning the melodies down but then they're just way too quiet. I don't understand. How do producers make the 808's sound so perfect and have it kill the speakers without making them sound static. Btw I use Lex Luger's 808's, and they're one of the best 808's i've encountered so far. When people listen to my beats I want them bumpin to that shit. Is there some type of secret to this? Because I could never get it right. Sometimes I feel as if I'm just wasting beats due to this issue. It just doesn't have that right feel to it without a good 808.

use the search function top right corner and read what has been written many times before - this is the 7th thread of this type this week

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back