How do I achieve this vocal quality?

Da Youngsta

It sounds as if there is only one vocal track with no doubles or triples but yet still sound full. The vocals are crystal clear and don't muddy up the beats at all. I can get good vocals but haven't been able to get this quality. I want that sound.

my gear is:
neumann tlm 49 / blue baby bottle
UA 710
dbx 266xl
presonus firestudio
cubase 7

My voice is similar to Yo Gotti, Eightball, Rick Ross, Juicy J, etc.

It sounds as if there is only one vocal track with no doubles or triples but yet still sound full. The vocals are crystal clear and don't muddy up the beats at all. I can get good vocals but haven't been able to get this quality. I want that sound.

my gear is:
neumann tlm 49 / blue baby bottle
UA 710
dbx 266xl
presonus firestudio
cubase 7

post a sample of a raw recording you did with no processing of your vocal. I will check it out in My DAW and do some work on it and send it back to u. then ill let u know what I did to get that sound and tell u how to do it. I been trying to get that Migos sound since that tape dropped I lightweight got it. Their vocals are super clean so u got a good ear on that. U can Definetly get that quality with your setup no question, but I need to hear what you got. Send me a verse with no beat behind it no adlibs put it up here mp3 or wav thanks.

Migos went to a big studio to get them vocals that nice i seen a couple vids of them recording in a nice studio on a u87 (preamp sounds like a 1073) but u can get real close wit what u got

Man...I wonder if they are mixing the whole songs (tracked out beats & vocals) or are they just taking the beat and tracking vocals. Everything on the No Label 2 mixtape sounds exactly how I want my music to sound.

I took all of my songs tracked out to a big studio for mixing. Unfortunately, the mixes were good but I get better mixes in my home studio.

Man...I wonder if they are mixing the whole songs (tracked out beats & vocals) or are they just taking the beat and tracking vocals. Everything on the No Label 2 mixtape sounds exactly how I want my music to sound.

I took all of my songs tracked out to a big studio for mixing. Unfortunately, the mixes were good but I get better mixes in my home studio.

I was wondering the same thing. I been studying that mixtape so thats why i made an account just to reply to u. I can't tell whether they recorded over a 2 track or had track outs due to some songs sounding better mixed than others. Vocals sound on point on every track tho. I think it was a combination of both track outs and 2 tracks depends on the song. Either way, compared to the quality on any other mixtape they got no label 2 is the best by far. i don't even listen to none of their other mixtapes

I been mixing to match they quality im pretty close with the vocals and the beats. I only got that close with trackouts. Not sure what they doing though. Like i said though post a vocal real quick ill see what I can do with it. I feel like a good mix start with the vocal being mixed right

Last edited:
mic placement & subtractive, AND A ****ING GOOD MIC PRE !

ALSO IF YOU NEED QUALITY MIXES SEND ME A EMAIl & ILL GET THE SOUND YOUR LOOKING FOR , FOR FREE ONE TIME AND I CHARGE 60 ON A REGULAR !

Last edited by a moderator:
It sound like its more about the placement in the mix and stereo image then the mic. You want a decent mic and preamp but making room for those vocals in the mix is dominant. Paired with a good recording.

The vocals are clear in the mixtape im feelin it

Back