Help me with a beat pattern

Nanano

Hello, i would like to know how that beat is constructed. I'm using my ears, headphones, EQs tricks, slowing down the tempo, cut the beats and still can't figure out how it's constructed (especially the hats/shaker). I wasted months of trying and i'm desperate right now... but i won't give up. I'll die trying... Can any advanced user help me here? Show me the actual beat pattern for each sample? I heard that beat in few songs and it sounds exactly the same, so i assume there is offical structure for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think that's a real drum? Or maybe repeating samples of real drums? I do know that if you reverse the crash symbol, it gives a nice little sound on the second count of the 4 count measure (right before the snare), but this beat sounds very real.

Last edited:
4 parts to this

Tambourine
Snare
Kick
reverse Cymbal

kick and snare and reverse cymbal are easy enough to map with no real hassle; the tambourine is a little more tricky because it is playing "lazy 16ths" or 8th-16th triplets ala regular hip-hop hats. /the only really hard part is knowing that the reverse cymbal is exactly an 8th note long lasting so that it hits on the start of beat 4 after starting from the offbeat of 3

Beats123456223456323456423456
Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cx
Sxx
Kxxxxx

note that the division of each beat into 6 equal parts is so that the lazy 16ths can be accurately mapped

you could alternatively use this as a map and then apply MPC66% swing to it

Beats1e&u2e&u3e&u4e&u
Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cx
Sxx
Kxxxxx

enjoy

ps this took 5 minutes total including formatting the table

Last edited:
Thank you for this, but are you sure tambourine plays all the time? Or it's somehow muted by other sound? Also i think there are hats there playing with it.

I only listened to the first 4 bars the rest was obviously going to follow the same patten with maybe some changes in instrumentation. tambourine is definitely present for the first 4 bars and there are no obvious hi-hat patterns in those first 4 bars

the only way you will get a truly definitive answer to the question though is to ask the production team on the track :)

Back