Good Mix or Messy?

alexamiles

Whats up guys. Been really focusing on getting my tracks to sound full and crisp and trying to learn how to use the necessary plugins to do so. I made a remix to rather be, remade the original synth and all the other synth sounds used in the track i made as well. I just wanted to know what you guys think as far as the mastering goes. Is it a good start/ what needs to be done/ done wrong etc. And on a side note, i would love to hear what yall think of the recrerated synth, i thought it sounded good but couldnt seem to get the reverb down. all feedback is appreciated thanks in advance.

EDIT: the main 'rather be' synth is screaming currently and i dont have time to fix it right now...just ignore that part for now lol

Everything sounds decent, but the kick is VERY week. I had to double check to see if there was a kick to begin with. The synth isn't bad at all either.

My main concern is that a lot of the sounds tend to blend together because of their shared frequencies. What you can do to fix this is EQ each of them and maybe some panning until you hear that sound in it's own space. I attached a photo for you to check out to help with frequency ranges and give you a nice place to start.

10348461_931276646899358_5987976643365835004_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey friend,

If you are starting out your skills are promising but so far everything still sounds very thin, over done in the high end frequencies and drum samples used are very basic and cheap sounding. Continue working and you'll get there for sure : )

Back