Fustrated to the max

Maybe your using to much. Try only the limiter on the master track and see where it puts you. You should like the track enough to where without mastering it still makes you excited

youtube mixing in fl studio and watch how others producers do it.. read up on it too.. google it you should find some stuff... then apply it to your productions.. that's how i learned..

Bro I went through It all i even posted a flp project and for some on this site to take listen but no prevail. I even gave up a few times I watch all the youtube videos and many more
I did everything right managing my low and high end frequencies so they want clash, balancing my mix first following the right chain steps for fx Etc

my be you ran into this problem i was over do it with compression and eq and didn't realize it. I don't know what instrument vst you are using but make sure its not already Eq because nexus sounds are pre eq
and drum kits a pre mixed to. So in reality you don't have to do a lot if something is loud just compress it don't eq it because 9 out of 10 its already Eq and if something is clashing and sound muddy the use a filter for your bass and low management that's pretty much it for mixing

because it sounds like you no what to do but you are over doing it with the EQ killing out the dynamics and making it sound push back are not fully spread when playing in the car a dull feeling compared to other produce tracks

theses plug ins save my life i don't really eq unless i have to i manly balance the mix and use these plugs on the master for a pre master feel

1.Ton booster ''TB Compressor'' just put it in the chain fx and you will notice the different just with the default setting
2.BBE H82 Harmonic maximizer- use this for the master chain only and turn up the hi mix for a more crisp sound but just alittle
3.Nomad Factory Studio channel Sc226 use this on the master chain as well and other buses
3. Mfx-Maga for mastering

So I have been producing music mostly hip-hop for about a year now and recently I've taken a notice to how important mixing and mastering is. I feel like i've tried everything but I just can't seem to get my tracks to sound as full as they need to. I use fl studio if that matters.

My average Master track effect chain will look like this

1.Izotope Eq to remove all the unwanted frequencies
2.A tad bit of compresion with wave C1 compressor (I keep the attenuation really low maybe a ratio of 1.3)
3.Izotope Excitor (I use the tape saturation function)
4. Izotope Imager
5. Izotope Maximizer. ( I push this as far as I can until it starts to clip.)

Someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I should go about crafting a presentable mix

I did not have the liberty of reading all of the responses, so I will just say. mastering will NEVER fix your mixing errors, you should NEVER master your own tracks, and always prepare for any errors in your mix will show up in the master

Back