Focusrite 212 + sterling ST55 mic complications

ChompskiHonk

Hey guys. Been trying to record with my focusrite for a while now and finally got an appropriate microphone for the job. Only problem is that it wont work. The mic needs to be powered by 48V phantom power which the focusrite has, but yet i still get absolutely no feedback from the mac. Tried about everything i can physically do. Got any ideas? also in using ableton live to record on.

Thanks!

Yes i did but i think that's because i was using a performance mic and i was plugging it into an amp, then into the focusrite. But even then i would pick up the slightest, muddiest sound if i cranked the gain all the way but in no way a desirable sound. And i also found plugging a guitar into the amp has the same problem so i think that may just be an amp problem. Im trying to give the amp the boot because the guitar sounds way better directly plugged into the interface, but for some reason the ST55 mic will not do a thing even with the required phantom power. thanks for the reply btw!

quick update here. Should have thought of this sooner actually. The XLR cable im using is male XLR to 1/4". Could this be stopping the phantom power from getting to the mic? Should i be using just a male to female XLR cable?

thanks!

Back