Do You Leave Your Studio Monitors On?

clipfish

Simple curiosity.
Do you leave your studio monitors on even when they're not in use?
I sometimes leave mine on by accident, but usually I would turn them off.

Monitors are the last thing I switch on after checking the volume knob on my soundcard is turned down and the first thing I turn off when I'm done...

I've had mine on for about a year straight.

haha, and how are they holding up?
The reason why I opened this thread was 'cause I was wondering if this was a thing amongst other electronic equipment that you just don't turn off, the same way computers remain on standby ready to be turned on and not having to be turned on by the plug first, you know?

Monitors are the last thing I switch on after checking the volume knob on my soundcard is turned down and the first thing I turn off when I'm done...

I figured as much.
I figured I would somehow be damaging my monitors if I had just left them on for the sake of it.
Maybe shortening their speaker life? Or it just blows up or something, I dunno, something stupid.

this

I accidentally left mine on last night. When I got up this morning I plugged my laptop back into the living room setup and there was already music playing and my speakers made a big pop.. Its not gonna do anything if its not turned up loud which it wasn't. But thats the kind of stuff you want to avoid by turning them off in between incase you forget turning stuff back on.

I turn everything off completely all the time. When money is a concern, a few bucks saved on electricity is neat. Also it would be pretty sad if the whole house burned down because I was too lazy to turn my shit off.

Back