In desperate need of a good drums eq plugin

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I am currently using Maschine 2 Studio version that I recently purchased and everything is going good so far but the eq that comes with the maschine is god awful. 4 band eq with absolutely 0 presets. I can't get my drums eq'd for anything. Any good plugins you guys would recommend(free or of any cost) that I should download that would run good inside of my maschine 2 studio hardware?

I would suggest learning how to use an EQ properly first. It's not the Arrow it's the Indian. Any parametric EQ will work just fine for shaping.

I know a good bit about eqing actually. Idk if ur familiar with the maschine 2 studio hardware but the eq that comes with it is not very good and I am not the first and only to complain about it lol

thanks man will definitely take a look! still interested in any other plugins people have advice for me to try out though. free or for purchase just not ridiculously expensive lol. Also I have pro tools 11 software that I purchased recently and it seems to have all the good drum eq's in there. Why can't I get the pro tools plugins to run in my maschine? the mixing plugins at least

learn to use what you have first stanley - you do not know as much as you think as is evidenced by the questions you continue to ask.....

What do you feel is wrong with the EQ that comes with Maschine? What are you expecting an ideal EQ to be able to do? We would need to know these answers to suggest what might fit your needs.

The only thing that I can see that might cause an issue with Maschine's EQ after watching the video above is that it doesn't seem to come with any kind of frequency analysis and you only get 2 peaking filters, but your eyes aren't needed to EQ (though they can help). Don't want to sound condescending, but I'd suggest that you work on learning more about how to use EQ . I say this because all EQ functions about the same.

If you have some money to spend, then maybe FabFilter or something from Izotope have some additional features to compliment the traditional EQ features.

Pre Sets for EQing?!?

My head just blew off.

Is it really that bad to use presets when eqing and compressing drums and stuff? I tend to find some of my plugins have presets with them for a kick or a snare or percussions or whatever and they seem to work pretty fine lol. that was when i was using fl studio though, i just copped maschine which is why i was asking for new plugins on here to use with it. But yeah is presets really that bad for eqing and compressing and stuff?

Presets can be a good starting point, but you should play around with the settings on a plugin to get the best results

Presets can be a good starting point, but you should play around with the settings on a plugin to get the best results

Word I add a little tweak here and there when I need it. But that's only if a preset doesn't turn my kick frequency cut down to 20hz. But other than that when I was on fl the presets seemed fine to me with what I was using lol. I feel like a noob though

I downloaded a $2 app called mix buddy that that gives you starting points for drums and each instrument. It's a great learning tool and you can learn using the eq you got.

Whether or not he should learn to use what he has, it could still be nice to have a decent Parametric EQ with more available bands than the stock eq that comes with Maschine. But from there it doesn't really matter which.

Is it really that bad to use presets when eqing and compressing drums and stuff? I tend to find some of my plugins have presets with them for a kick or a snare or percussions or whatever and they seem to work pretty fine lol. that was when i was using fl studio though, i just copped maschine which is why i was asking for new plugins on here to use with it. But yeah is presets really that bad for eqing and compressing and stuff?

Alot of plug-ins do come with presets and yes sometimes it will help in your mix. But every song is different,every instrument sounds slightly different, people sing different,etc.... so a preset will only get you so far. You can start by using the Eq 3- 4 band inside pro tools. Then you can alway look up what frequencies instruments more than likely fall under for instance kick 60-150Hz (Generally speaking). Hope this helps

Back