Crossfeed plugin?

irthwirm

Someone told me crossfeed can help alot when having to mix with headphones. I know the crossfeed functions can come with headphone amps but i thought someone told me that they make a plugin that you can throw on the master.

Not sure if this is whay you meant but it maybe..
It a nice plugin anyway.
bx_control
bx_control is a CONTROL LISTENING TOOL and an M/S MATRIX with built-in MONO MAKER & STEREO WIDTH CONTROL. bx_control also features Hi Resolution LEVEL LEDs for PEAK and RMS levels. This nice little tool can be used for a wide variety of sophisticated applications, such as chaining ANY stereo plug-in (even tools from other manufacturers) into a Brainworx M/S matrix (you need to use 2 instances of bx_control before and after the plug-in(s) that is / are to be "chained" into the M/S matrix), control the STEREO WIDTH of full mixes in mastering sessions or single stereo signals in mix sessions, mono-ing out bass-frequencies of stereo mixes / signals with our unique MONO MAKER tool, plus SOLO listening to M (mono sum), S (stereo difference signal), L (left channel) or R (right channel) phase-corrected ans mono-ed on BOTH speakers with its 4 dedicated SOLO BUTTONS, another Brainworx invention. Easily SWAP channels with its L/R flip button.
bx_control is also a PERFECT M/S RECORDING TOOL: use it as a LATENCY FREE M/S MATRIX in recording situations. Simply "feed" the bx_control with individual M & S microphone signals and they will be transformed into L/R stereo format "on the fly" while you can control the stereo width, solo listen to your M&S mics and mono out your bass frequencies with the MONO MAKER.

http://www.brainworx-music.de/index.php?nav=24&um=2&lang=en

i don't think that's what i'm looking for here's the best discription i could find on wiki:

Crossfeed and other audio processing

Crossfeeding blends the left and right stereo channels slightly, reducing the extreme channel separation characteristic of headphone listening that is known to cause headaches in a small fraction of listeners (and compensating for extreme separation in older stereo releases). While some swear by crossfeed, many prefer amplifiers without it. The introduction of DSP technology led a number of manufacturers to introduce amplifiers with 'headphone virtualization' features. In principle, the DSP chips allow the two-speaker headphone to simulate a full Dolby 5.1 (or more) surround system. This feature has not caught on in high-end audio circles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphone_amplifier#Crossfeed_and_other_audio_processing

some guy swears buy this and he gets a lot of compliments on his mixes all the time and people don't believe he mixed in headphones. He's been doing that way for years so obviously it comes to getting to know your set up and how it translates to the real world. I know it doesn't replace a nice speaker set up but a lot of times i don't have that option and would like to get a close as possible.

He said if you don't get an amp with it which would cost around 300 for something worthing buying then you can get a plugin that he's used before but he couldn't remember what it was. It was a vst but i would like to use it in rtas. I'm not comfortable adding a vst wrap deal in pro tools cause well it's pro tools and he doesn't like anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
thanx i found that already. But its only vst... guess i'll have to save up for a good headphone pre with it installed.

Last edited:
Back