Article on Mixing Rap Vocals

wow...i'm not even finished with it yet..but so far its a pretty interesting read...im digging the comparisons they're doing.

wow...i'm not even finished with it yet..but so far its a pretty interesting read...im digging the comparisons they're doing.

"They" is WeissSounds!

Good job man, for a newcomer like me it's nice to get something that I can understand hah. I showed some love on the comments section.

I can tell you that was a enjoyable reading... I'm not going to discuss the article itself, but I can say that has some nice clues and working methods that are yours alone and are pretty good!

Hope the best for you and your work, and it's with articles and tips and tricks like this that the job is done and the good information is spread!

I've got another good one coming out soon. I interviewed a pretty awesomely amazing mixing dude, engineer to engineer.

Great read....I always prefer to hear theoretical approaches to mixing rather than technical to-the-point ideas. The whole teach a man to fish vs. give a man a fish thing....

Thanks Snyder!

@F00T - I agree. I worked on a mix a couple of days ago - very high end tracking chain, really nice deliver - great voice, production was good too. I ended up boosting a semi-tight bandwidth boost at around 1,100hz on his vocal, but about 4db. No mix-by-numbers tutorial is going to tell you what that accomplished. Usually, they'll say watch that area for nasal-ness or honk. There was no honk there. It gave the vocal body in a way that a lower frequency boost wasn't doing. If people mix by numbers, the way I so often read on the internet, you miss that kind of stuff.

Back