Am i being retarded?!

Sk1nZ

Ableton Addict
Ive never seen it before and cant find anything about it on the net, ive got a midi track made with chords but when using some lead presets in massive certain chords will be pitched up when the chord is played on its own, play the whole clip from the start and its fine!

Ive noticed if i make the chord thats jumping pitch into a single note and play it on its own it doesnt jump in pitch and it sounds the same as the chord which i cant understand at all. The other chords when made into a single note do not act this way and sound weak as you would expect them too.

Any ideas on this as i cant figure it out and im having to play the midi clip from the start every time i want to check if the chord sounds right

Thanks

pay close view onto the tune knobs.

yeah i went over everything i could and spent a good while searching on the net

ive now just noticed i can re-create the exact same sound from the midi clip by using single notes instead of chords, how is this even possible? it sounds exactly the same! something to do with the preset maybe?

bonus being that the notes that were pitching up when they were a chord no longer pitch up when their a single note played on its own

makes no sense to me at all!

This is happening because some lead presets have the option to "glide" between notes. So, instead of playing a chord, it'll slide into the notes of said chord. You can change the settings of this under the Voicing part of it. You'll see on the left side the options: Polyphon, Monophon and Monorotate. Probably the option "Monophon" is selected. Also, under this you'll find the Trigger part, which also affects it. Try changing those parameters and then get back here saying if the problem was solved.

This is happening because some lead presets have the option to "glide" between notes. So, instead of playing a chord, it'll slide into the notes of said chord. You can change the settings of this under the Voicing part of it. You'll see on the left side the options: Polyphon, Monophon and Monorotate. Probably the option "Monophon" is selected. Also, under this you'll find the Trigger part, which also affects it. Try changing those parameters and then get back here saying if the problem was solved.

You sir have just sorted the problem, thanks! I couldnt understand what was happening, even sorted out the pitch jumping up!

Because ive made the clip in monophon it sounds better than polyphon but at least im able to play around with the chords now

Nice one!

Back