Acid Pro 7 is working slow

D

DNRyff

My Pc specs are :
3.2 Ghz
80 gb HD ( 25 Gb free space )
1256 MB ram
Ge Force 6200

The problem is : When i work on project in Acid Pro 7 and there are more than 10 channels with effects , Acid is starting to work slow and it stops the sound so i get quite pissed lol .. Maybe the free memory is the problem ,maybe something else.. Have you ever had this problem and some tips about solving it would be very appreciated ..
Thanks

yea your comp is jus crapping out on you its not the program. its your computer. its prolly working as hard as it can to apply those fx in real time. you should prolly try bussing some of the fx or learn if there is a freeze option for your fx in acid. (there is in adobe)

i have a 111 gb hard drive with a nother 111 gb salve drive (both little under half full) and i still get this problem from time to time. ima get a external hd to save everything from my comp onto and see if that helps speed my comp up.

daws use a ton of cpu and should really be the only major program running on ur computer when your makin music.

you should also google 'optomizing your computer too be a daw.' theyll show you how to clean things up a lil and maybe get that comp running faster.

Check your preferences and turn off media manager. It slows ACID down and isn't necessary if you're not working with video.

Also, look into cleaning your comp up in msconfig. Search for a guide on Google. If you bought your computer from a general retailer, it's probably full of unnecessary programs that are running without your knowledge.

Have you defragged in a while? You've got a lot of stuff on your HD, it seems. Your computer may be getting lost while it's running around searching for your files and parameters.

Go to file, properties, and then the audio tab in the box that comes up and check to see the sample and bit rate your working at, the higher they are the more ittl stress the cpu, i use 24 bit, 48khz as long as my computer im using can handle it. check to see if you have yours way higher than you need it.

also as stated above:
>disable media manager
>bus fx's that u constantly use with the same settings,
>bounce your tracks that have alot of fx's: tools>render to new track. this would mix down the track you solo'd and ittl save cpu because it wouldnt have to process fx. make sure u keep the original track with the fx's on it though, just mute it and put it in a folder and save it just incase.
>add a HD and transfer some files to it. you have about 31% free on your C: drive which isnt very good. time to upgrade.

I noticed that Acid Pro 7 without the update (7c) runs better. I dont kno if you have the update or not but I had to re-install it b/c the update made it slower to me. This is not fact its just how I run my acid and I also did what the other guys suggested about optimization. Peaace!!!

never record to the same drive you run your OS off of an learn how to change processor scheduling by some good fast clocking speed ram 2 gigs at least thats just for starters what do you have for a mother board? 3.2 ghz what i5 i7 core duo? pentium 4 the list could go on if its from the celeron family there's your problem I build custom rigs FYI <br/>Mugger_Mike

Back