Young Thug Mastering Chain

If you look up Studio Science on youtube You will find a video with Alex Tumay(most atl artist/producers engineer including metro, future, Rihanna and all them)

He talks some real shxt and some stuff that make genuine sense but due to copyright its not a traditional tutorial where he can show you exactly how everything effects the song ( cause you know he doesn't own it)

His mastering chain look something like( and of corse he uses top end pluging, waves and all those to people we cant really afford/ have no idea how to use lol)

1. Compressor

2. Buss compressor

3.Tape machine

4.Virtual Mixbuss ( analog mix console by slate digital )

5. Multiband compressor (OR this can be the end where you put a limiter instead)

6. Stereo imager

7. Limiter

I suggest you watch that video. Like i said no music plays because of copyright but he does tell some autotune settings( like Rihannas) and bunch of other industry info you'd like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLYckq_BWE&t=138s

Last edited:
Who cares? Listen to him. Make music with whatever. What you probably have is plenty to make tracks. Music has been mixed and mastered with far less.

I just watched. I heard him list a different chain. It was 1) buss comp, 2) parallel comp, 3) tape emulation, 4) console emulation, 5) stereo imaging, 6) limiter.

This is my current 2buss on most hip-hop, pop, and EDM stuff. It's not much different, just EQ instead of imaging and a slightly different order: 1) buss comp, 2) tape emulation (mostly just dynamics though), 3) parallel comp, 4) EQ (very subtle, if anything), 5)limiter (for reference only; I never print it).

Back