Thread: Why are my mixes always so bright???????????

Thanks

Unhappy Why are my mixes always so bright???????????

Sign in to disable this ad
    Why do my mixes always sound so sonically different and much brighter then everyone elses??
    & My kick always sounds bad whether i add effects or not.
    easy now.mp3

just to compare the sonic & bright difference

word around town.mp3

Thanks
    Dude honestly that first beat sounds dope, IDK what you're intentions are (rap beat?), but I like how everything is for the most part especially the highhat pan effect every once in a while. It sounds like you may need to add some low frequencies into the kick drum though perhaps, not sure if you tried that. maybe anywhere from 80hz to 120hz. If you want the bass to be deeper you could try an eq on that too, maybe around 60hz-80hz. Other than that I don't see much else to do. If that's how the final song will be (no vocals) then I'd add in some lead melodies.

http://www.themusicespionage.co.uk/w.../08/KickEQ.jpg here's a visual representation, you can also cut some low-mids to let the other instruments stand out more and remove some of the cardboardy sound that kicks usually have.

Thanks
    Maybe you are overthinking matters?

Your mix doesn't sound bad at all! What don't you like about the kick?

Thanks
    I always constantly overthink mixing. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke and Eed View Post
    Dude honestly that first beat sounds dope, IDK what you're intentions are (rap beat?), but I like how everything is for the most part especially the highhat pan effect every once in a while. It sounds like you may need to add some low frequencies into the kick drum though perhaps, not sure if you tried that. maybe anywhere from 80hz to 120hz. If you want the bass to be deeper you could try an eq on that too, maybe around 60hz-80hz. Other than that I don't see much else to do. If that's how the final song will be (no vocals) then I'd add in some lead melodies.

http://www.themusicespionage.co.uk/w.../08/KickEQ.jpg here's a visual representation, you can also cut some low-mids to let the other instruments stand out more and remove some of the cardboardy sound that kicks usually have.
    Doubt ill use that trash beat.

Thanks
    You know what I think would help? I have the same problem with my songs and it's good to just stop listening for a while and give yourself a chance to be less critical about the song and hear it with fresh ears. If that's the best you can do for now just finish everything up so it sounds like a completed song (I'm speaking generally here, not about your song), and then move onto something else. I'll sit there for weeks criticizing my own beats and end up getting nowhere. You gotta learn when it's time to call it quits. There will ALWAYS be something else you could add or tweak, but you'll only learn by creating new songs and overcoming new obstacles. Plus it's fun to go back to a song you thought sucked and listen to it a month later and realize it really was fire haha

Thread Information