Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are my mixes always so bright???????????

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I think I'm just hearing the processor sound which studios have but i dont have.

Thanks
    It doesnt related to gear, studio stuff or anything else
    Its doable

Trust me

Thanks
    Dope

Thanks
    If no matter what you do, your mixes always turn out a specific way you want (too bright, too boxy, too muddy).. I'd have a look at your speakers and the room they're in. This has a huge effect on your sound and why some producers are obsessed with acoustic treatment, dead spaces or finding the exact room sound they want. I remember seeing this interview with Ritchie Hawtin where he said his new studio acoustically had the exact same dimensions and sound as his old studio... guy was as happy as a kid!

Anyway.. if you're just starting out you don't have all that luxury.. But you could try moving your kit into different rooms, mixing there and see how that affects your sound.
    It'll give you a good idea of what your kit sounds like, and how much effect the room around you has.

And of course, the old trick of getting multiple speakers, including some really crappy ones, and headphones.
    Do your main mix on your best speakers, but make sure to check on the others as you're working and you'll get a much better idea of your sound and what you're doing to it.
    lwj - local space music

Thanks
    It's all in how you cut your frequencies. I use FL studio and Fruity parametric EQ... I used another for a while and I can't remember the name but I'll always go back to FPE. The sample or instrument you are using makes a big difference too. I always think mine sound real bright compared to everyone else's as well. What I did to get rid of this was cut the frequencies on anything about 500... If it still sounds bright, slowly take away a little at a time until it doesn't.. Mixing really isn't rocket science, and you're going to continue to learn every single day. Hell, maybe a bright kick is what you need too. There are some producers out there making banging trap beats in the style of MIGOS, Travis Scott, and so on and they have bright kicks.

Thread Information