White Noise Woosh / Sweep Help!

SimonT

Hi All!

I've got a white noise woosh happening in my track lasting 8 bars and I have 2 questions:-

1) As I'm automating the frequency cut off (raising it or opening it) to allow the white noise to have a rising effect, the volume is increasing as the filter opens which is generally the case. I don't want it to. How do I stop this? Would I use a limiter here to keep it at the same dB / volume level or is there any other tips / tricks here?

2) Any tips on making the white noise have more smoothness to it. I've added reverb which has helped a little but still not fixed the issue. Thinking EQ next? it seems to get coarser the more the filter opens.

Thanks!

White noise by definition is "coarse." A combination of all frequencies, if you start EQing you are changing it's character to something different... In which case you might want to change to Pink or Brown.

As to volume, can you automate the volume you want?

GJ

White noise by definition is "coarse." A combination of all frequencies, if you start EQing you are changing it's character to something different... In which case you might want to change to Pink or Brown.

As to volume, can you automate the volume you want?

GJ

Ahhh ok, I will have a look at pink noise or brown. The thing is, I thought those sweeps were called a white noise woosh so that's why I used white noise.

I could automate the volume but it's knowing by how much. Trial and error I suppose.

Back