Where to get quality reference tracks

gamblerrrr

I am wondering where to get uncompressed EDM wav tracks that I can use as a reference track for mixing?

Last edited:
here's a thought - buy a cd or three and use your tools and knowledge to create wav files from the cd-a tracks

they might be out there but you would be paying similar to buying a cd as well as paying for your bandwidth to download them - if you are worried get a few compilations from ministry of sound or similar

320 kbps MP3 files will work just as good for reference tracks while mixing. It's also easy to come by them for "free" or $0.99. Ripping audio from CDs that you have is the only way that comes to mind to get a WAV file.

mp3 even at 320kbps contains significant artefacts that can and most likely will alter the way you use mix if using as a reference track source

i would not recommend using mp3's of any quality to anyone trying to be serious about their mixing

I'm not so sure about that. There is definitely a loss of content in the high end, but that won't make a mix terrible. I've used mp3's for post-production work plenty of times and haven't run into issues that I don't face when using WAV files

your mileage is different then: I can hear the artefacts from 2kHz to 6kHz and upwards to about 12kHz in a 320kbps mp3 and definitely do not hear the same things when using wav

Back