What's wrong with those mixes?

Raz Beats

Hey guys,
Could you give me your opinion about what's wrong with my mixes?
I am not satisfied about my beats but since i've listened too much to them, i can't make a judgement no more..

So if you have 5minutes, i would appreciate! Raz Beats (it's not promotion, it's only to have a feedback!)
thanks!

Raz

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave a quick listen to first 4 beats and i don't think there's anything wrong with them, honestly. "Chandelle" is very dope.

they are really ok...only what i think is 'bad' about your beats is the price...give a little lower one

@jocasrb: it is not your place to criticise the prices Razbeats sets for his work: Pricing should be set to reflect what you value your work at and not at some bargain-basement-screw-me-over pricing just to get a sale. When setting prices you are attempting to cover a range of costs that have already been made as well as set a value in your creativity:
  • electricity
  • daw costs
  • plug-in costs
  • computer costs
  • interface costs
  • internet costs
  • creativity
all but the first and last one are depreciation costs relevant to running your business. The first is one has to be paid or you can't make beats. The last is a marker of what you consider yourself to be worth and should be set where you want others to value you as well.

Note that pricing should never cover selling any of your rights under copyright law - they attract higher rates as you are giving up future income if you sell them off. An exclusive is the right to use the track exclusively, no more no less.

If the buyer write words they get 100% of the lyricists share of the publishing and performance rights. If they record those words they also get their share, as a percentage of total performers on the recording, of the mechanical reproduction rights which includes terrestrial and digital radio. Rights for synchronisation (use in tv and film) are a separate bag again and should be negotiated as and when such situations arise.

@RazBeats: please don't pay any attention to comments on what you charge for beats - it is a buyers market but you should negotiate when you are selling, not be negotiated (intimidated) into lowering your prices by someone who is potential competition

@bandcoach, okay you are right, but i m just saying my opinion....and all what you mentoied...i dont agree...i mean i m different, i m making beast- first becouse of love for making them and becouse i make them frist for me then for some others...becouse of that i dont really dont give a damn about making a bigger price of these...also you have said some theses, i dont agree with that...'computer costs'...why would any buyer depends on beatmaker's computer....only important is how good is your finished project for customers...they are not interested in your cheap/50000e equipment.....=> if you have talent/skill you ill make a perfect beat on 7e speakrs...if you understand what im saying...thats my vision of this beatmaking world

Last edited:
you miss the point

if your business is selling beats then the tools you use to make those beats are part and parcel of the cost of making that spread across many beats and many years (depending on what your particular tax man says you can do - right now mine says that if I spend 20K on a computer I can write that off immediately)

a master carpenter sets his hourly fee based on how long he has been a carpenter, what the job is, what materials are needed, what tools need to be used and how close they are to being replaced

i.e. the price you pay for someone to make something for you is not just based on some number they pull out of the air but on a carefully considered factors related to materials, quality, tools used etc - even petrol and the car used to deliver the job are part of the running costs of the business

Agree u don't have to criticize the price the artist decide, however there are beats for 15$ better thans those on your site. We (youngveterans) decided to start our leasing from 25$ eventhough the beatmakers are know in their respective country. 30$ is too much if you want your business to work. It was not criticism , don't take it bad. Have a nice sunday

you miss the point

if your business is selling beats then the tools you use to make those beats are part and parcel of the cost of making that spread across many beats and many years (depending on what your particular tax man says you can do - right now mine says that if I spend 20K on a computer I can write that off immediately)

a master carpenter sets his hourly fee based on how long he has been a carpenter, what the job is, what materials are needed, what tools need to be used and how close they are to being replaced

i.e. the price you pay for someone to make something for you is not just based on some number they pull out of the air but on a carefully considered factors related to materials, quality, tools used etc - even petrol and the car used to deliver the job are part of the running costs of the business

okay, again, you are ritght but i dont agree with it in practice and thats it (thats my style of making and selling the beats)

Agree u don't have to criticize the price the artist decide, however there are beats for 15$ better thans those on your site. We (youngveterans) decided to start our leasing from 25$ eventhough the beatmakers are know in their respective country. 30$ is too much if you want your business to work. It was not criticism , don't take it bad. Have a nice sunday
That's actually exactly criticism, which isn't inherently a bad thing...but...That is criticism. You're critiquing his prices and saying your business with that price is not going to work.

That's actually exactly criticism, which isn't inherently a bad thing...but...That is criticism. You're critiquing his prices and saying your business with that price is not going to work.

That is developping a point from a criticism someone made. Since this criticism was not bad i shared some thought about these price from an external side.

@bandcoach and @jocasrb :
i agree with both of you. We don't have to think about money when we love what we do, but when you have so many costs you must pay to be able to make music, you have to charge ... I prefer to make discounts and limited offers at times than simply lower beats prices.
In my opinion, if you charge $30 with a 30% discount (what means $9), it's not the same as if you charge $9, although it's exactly the same cost for your customer :)

Thanks to you all for the replies! Whether it's positive or negative , i appreciate if it's constructive.
Peace!

@bandcoach and @jocasrb :
i agree with both of you. We don't have to think about money when we love what we do, but when you have so many costs you must pay to be able to make music, you have to charge ... I prefer to make discounts and limited offers at times than simply lower beats prices.
In my opinion, if you charge $30 with a 30% discount (what means $9), it's not the same as if you charge $9, although it's exactly the same cost for your customer :)

Thanks to you all for the replies! Whether it's positive or negative , i appreciate if it's constructive.
Peace!

again, okay you are right but i dont agree...becouse so many beatmakers now want to live (to have money) with only making their beats...are you kidding me...they go out from school and then they only make beats and then put like 100e for that...thats not okay...i read that 9th wonder is a teacher...so he has work also he makes beats..i want that too...and i think if you make anything for money (im talking if you sell something like 30e+) it wasnt made of 100% love of your work , im not referring on beats only in this example, about anything...my opinion of course :)

again, okay you are right but i dont agree...becouse so many beatmakers now want to live (to have money) with only making their beats...are you kidding me...they go out from school and then they only make beats and then put like 100e for that...thats not okay...i read that 9th wonder is a teacher...so he has work also he makes beats..i want that too...and i think if you make anything for money (im talking if you sell something like 30e+) it wasnt made of 100% love of your work , im not referring on beats only in this example, about anything...my opinion of course :)

you're right, very few people do make money off of just selling beats. I don't think its necessarily bad, but I do think people that are frustrated that they can't do that don't love the craft. Unless you're an artist that consistently works on platinum records (and if you're frustrated that you aren't then you really need to open your mind) you need to have your hand in multiple endeavours. I met Adam Levy of the honeydogs. This is an artist that has enjoyed some pretty serious success, but he still plays at weddings. The fact is he gets paid a lot to play at weddings, which frees him up to do other things that are less lucrative but more fun. Up and coming actors have to do shit movies to pay their bills until they can afford to turn down projects.

Modern studios are having Trouble keeping their doors open, which means the producer can't say "No we won't work with you. I don't like country music.". He doesn't have that luxury.

In short, I agree. If people aren't willing to do some of the dirtier stuff to pursue what they love, they don't really love it. It's not selling out to do more than make beats in your Basement.

Last edited:

I didn't talk about living with only beats money. I work everyday too, to pay my bills , like everyone (i guess). I agree with you when you talk about people who go out of school and make beats just to have money, thinking it's an easy and quick way to get rich...
I'm almost 29 years old and i've been making beats for about 15 years. Never sold anything. And it's only a few months ago that i tried to start selling some of them online. Money is not a real purpose , i just consider it as a kind of reward/payoff and it helps to purchase more equipment or instruments :) But i totally agree with what you say about people who do this only for the money. It's an insult to Music and the more money you want, the more love you lose...

@Raz Beats, yep, now i understand you and agree, it should be some kind of reward for us..:) we can talk too much about this, like there is a people who is not-very-good and selling beats for 100e..but you have then people who is not-that-smart and buy them...lol...ofcourse we cant change it but it is very strange and i think it will be more stranger than now..

and yeah, just to say, i like these:

''It's not selling out to do more than make beats in your Basement.''

''It's an insult to Music and the more money you want, the more love you lose...''

have a nice day!

Last edited:
Back