What's the best way to secure your sessions/files

digidoc

I always save them on my external hard drive but in the past but I've had my external hard drive crash or the sessions crash when I try to open them on my laptop. I feel like email isn't that safe so I usually don't save any mp3s on my email.. I've used dropbox and it seems good so far. How do you secure your sessions/software/files?

external backups, dvd/bluray dumps, network drives, my own hosting site holds some stuff as well, dropbox seems to be my next port of call for ensuring backups in an off-site location

Burn a dvd or bluray of session. Back up session on external hard drive that you disconnect and put away after backup...

You seem a bit paranoid :P

Get an external hard drive or two, and cloud services offer 1TB of space for very cheap these days.

Gobbler is pretty good (in addition to what has been already mentioned). Afaik the only cloud service purpose-built for backing up DAW projects...

Gobbler is pretty good (in addition to what has been already mentioned). Afaik the only cloud service purpose-built for backing up DAW projects...

Never heard of Afaik but there's a new service called Splice. Works for Ableton, FL, and a couple others. It's great for backing everything up, amazing for collaborating, and it's free!

I always save them on my external hard drive but in the past but I've had my external hard drive crash or the sessions crash when I try to open them on my laptop. I feel like email isn't that safe so I usually don't save any mp3s on my email.. I've used dropbox and it seems good so far. How do you secure your sessions/software/files?

Google Drive. Same as dropbox but with 15GB Free instead.
Usually a combination of all though... hehe

Back