What Vocal Mic/preamp Does Jay-z Use?

Thankyou again everyone its theres been a lot of good differences all having a place somehow . I also agree with you kid848.

CHEERS EVERYONE GOOD POSTS!

:cheers:

Not sure if that "challenge" was for aliengroover , or anyone who sees fit, but I'll have to decline. No need for a challenge, your music is openly available at myspace -- even if you didn't record your myspace stuff on the Mbox, it still will speak volumes about your integrity to give advice. No offense.

I have too much to do, daily, than trying to convince some dude on the internet. Hell, it's been proven that my work often causes me to take months of hiatus from FP -- do you really think I'd priority a challenge? The point is, I'm not really trying to convince you, I'm more trying to subtract from the number of upstarts who'll be mislead by your posts -- so that we won't have to convince them later, or help them find better equipment. This cuts down on redundant posts, and makes more potential for real technical or artistic posts. :cheers:

All in all though, it really says more about the engineer, than the equipment. When judging equipment, you need organized and isolated tests. Have fun.

Fin.

^^^Gotta respect that. For the record though, the tracks on my myspace page were not recorded or engineered by me. They were recorded by "industry professionals" in major studios, some of which i can run circles around(no offence to Yuk and Gonzoe's engineers). All I did was supply the beats. Also for the record, if you are a beginner, yes a good preamp does matter alot, because you will not be familiar with the procedures nessesary to turn sh**ty recorded vocals into a professional audio track. Once you know these things, you can process vocals using effects to the point that they closely resemble the sound you can get from top of the line equipment. Much respect, Hel, although we don't share the same P.O.V. I'll admit, you know your stuff.

Last edited:
Back