What Is Teh Best Way To Record Vocals On Adobe Audition....

H

hdotisgod

What Effects And What And How Is The Best Way To Record And Mix Vocals On Adobe Audition,please Help...i Want My Songs Soundin Right....everything Perfect And Crispy.thanks Guys,peace.

This Is All I Need Now To Record My Album!!! I Already Got A Dope Condensor Mic Thats Worth About 700 So Help Me Out Guys,peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
dry, is the best way to record in audition, or in any medium for that matter. record your vocals dry then use efx afterward to attain the sound you want. recording with efx is a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing, because if you record with too much reverb for example, there only way to take out some of the reverb is to re-record the part, and that is not always feasable. with that said, you're not going to post a thread and learn how to mix, mixing is an art, if you're not skilled in that art yet to get the sound you want, your best best to get that perfect and crispy sound, is to hire a good mix engineer. no one can tell you want efx to use, that's all up to you and it depends on what sound you're going for and what the mix needs. no one thread is going to be able to help you out on that. i'm sure someone will come in and recommend some books you can check out. but EQ, reverb, chorus, and compression are some of the plugins you can read up on in the help menu to get a better understanding of how you can apply them to your mix. hope that helps. i use Audition, and that help menu is pretty good at explaining things and how to use them. good luck.
LevLove

yep im not a big fan of audition its what i started on but now only use for people who dont need pro tools sessions, it is fairly easy to go through the pre sets and get good sound, it also depends on which version you have i really like the set up of ver. 3 because it is more like p.t. and u can use fx channels.

well i rap and i use Adobe Audtion 3 and me n my homie record dry then add the "Multi-Band Compressor" with our own preset,"Delay" wit a preset we made to sound exactly like a DUB,and then goto "Studio Reverb" then click on "Mastering Reverb" and our **** sounds decent,but im not experienced with EQ's or anything else so our **** doesnt have that "studio" or "pro" sound to it.

But from what i've seen Adobe is the closest thing to Pro Tools but is alot easier,Is there any tips u can give me on other effects i should add or on my mixing n mastering?

Oh i forgot to add some more **** my bad...After we lay down our 1st track which is the Verse we do 2 tracks under that the "Ad-Libs" to make whatever words we want to stand out.

Now the verse we always leave centered but we pan the ad-libs -80 to go left on one track and 80 to right on the last one but basicly just 3 tracks per verse then we just mix it down.

I know theres alot we're probably not addin and if anyone has some tips or feedback please get at me and also please goto my myspace music page and listen to my song "Automatic" and tell me what im not doin right n get back wit me for the link.

THANKS

Back