What are some negative things you are hearing in this simple beat/song I did?

beije123

You could tell me anything from the drums to the bass to the vocals and the doubling. or even the mixing and mastering. I personally hate when I master a song of mine bringing the overall volume up after spending hours or days on it and the snare drum/clap sounds too sharp/ear piercing, the kick sounds ear piercing and boomy, the bass sounds boomy even when i take a bit of low end out and the vocals sound distorted even though I record at a decent level without clipping.. so any suggessions or tricks?

Attachments

• simple pattern 1 song mp3.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
Kick - Sounds good. Maybe a little dry. Try adding slight amount of reverb and/or adding a really low volume left panned hihat with short tail to emphasize the top.
Also using saturation can really help beefing it up (Fabfilter Saturn is awesome imo)
Clap - This is maybe too much but there is an annoying tail of the clap that could be cut or EQd
Bass - I usually split the bass in two or three layers. One with the sub. Second the main bass with some low end cut and then a third bass layer for remaining mid/top end (if you need that). But this is really good for getting control of the bass.

Overall tip for mastering/mixing is using volume control and cutting low end on pretty much everything that doesn't need low end.

Hope something of this can help or motivate you even more.
Keep it up man and let me know if you have any questions

Back