what do you think of L-Acoustic Kara and D&B Y12

DanielOng1985

I am Daniel Ong from Singapore and I am wannabe sound engineer. I happened to come across your website when I was searching for difference between Kara and Y12....more of pros and cons for both system. I hope to know more sound engineers online to make friends and learn from them and I really hope you can assist me as I am unable to find much info comparing the above brands.

Recently I was with a events company trying out the Y12. Setup was as follows

1) one single array (fly)
2) Two subs (below the array)

We played random music from rock to jazz to techno. We did a cut on the D80 amp and I find that the high mids is very harsh, but when we remove the cut it sounds better.

With the cut, if the music goes too loud it makes it sounds messy because of the crispy high mids but I love how the vocals is able to cut through clearly with or without the cut.
e the speakers and subs don't jelly very well, I can distinctively identify the source of the sound coming from which directions. I have not heard Kara before and we are going to a second sound run for both speakers side by side. Y12 come across to me as a sound system for big disco clubs, but I have to admit....the subs are tight and strong...until a certain distance. Then again it is too early to judge as I have not hear what Kara sounds like.

What do you guys think? Do share with me your opinion and let me bring it to my next sound test.

Last edited:
Back