What do you guys think about this?

Georgia_Boi

In my track channel, the sound that I'm playing is peaking at -13 as well as the master. Note that I put waves equalizer ( the only effect on the track, with no equalization), and the waves output is clipping. No there is not any effects on my master channel, nor do I have any buses. It seems as every waves plug in clip, but non waves plug in does not. Now the channel itself is no where near peaking, and turning the track down does not stop the clipping in the waves plug-in.

That means your instrument is clipping before it is sent to the fader, turning down the fader might make the track output not clipping, but the instrument is still running hot. Turn down the master output on the instrument and put your faders at unity gain (starting position) and adjust it until you're not getting any clipping.

There's also probably a way for you to adjust the gain of the plugin you're using as well so it does not clip.

Last edited:
screen shot showing the channel meters and the master buss and the waves settings - my gut is telling me you have some pre/post-fx gain inside the waves plug-in

@wallengard: if it were channel clipping then it would be the same result in the non-waves plug-ins, which is not what is reported by the op

Woops, yeah of course. I left it half read and came back and finished it when I replied, guess I missed that.

Back