What can be better in this mix?

Good presence, great gain staging and very good low end!

I think the high end could be a lot better. I know this mix is encoded by the SC algorithm, but still I do think there is quite a lot of digital jitter present in the mix. Maybe try limit/clip the mix with the high-end bypassed. Also avoid dithering, but instead route the signal externally and then straight into the final playback format, for AAC a ceiling of -0.6 dB is recommended. For SC quality you probably want it recorded with the ceiling a bit lower, try something like -0.8 dB.

Also, there is a bit too little air inside of the stereo field, so the stereo image becomes a bit blurry. Maybe pan a bit harder to the sides with fxs on the other side and rms side chain compress elements to clear up the center some more.

Finally, although the mids are very good, I think they could be even better for even more impact, maybe not louder but a bit more clear overall.

So the combination of that makes what could be a competitive high end mix fall down a little into the pro+ level. But it is still a great mix, the listeners agree! Very well done!!

Last edited:
awesome song man, the only thing is that snare and the sound effect for the snare during the chorus need to be way more punchyer and more high end. other than that sounds awesome. maybe add a pause at the end of the drop for a bar, might build up more suspense and create a bigger drop at the beginning of the chorus.

Back