What is the best mastering software?

In regards of Ozone and the likes of it & about mastering programs actually used in mastering (as opposed to home-brew "mastering"), check this.

sequoia, wavelab.

by the way, the software does not really make a difference during mastering. it's the mastering engineers extremely accurate monitoring system that will improve your sound.

wavelab and somethink like that i think for vinlys and cd master .. if you doın dıgıtal release just use your producıng programme lıke fl studio cubase logic... check my songs on myspace..

great little read there krushing... I posted a mixing a mastering thread that says a lot of the same things...

for me I do a little stereo enhancement(on busses), and the master strip really only has a limiter, a multiband eq for absolute highs and lows nothing else, and maybe depending on the sound I want vintage warmer. I know... but I don't have an analogue mixing desk so I try to add a little bit of warm, and it's only on very minimal bit of saturation.. Most stuff can/should be taken care of prior to any of that stuff..

The room/monitoring matters the most... which I'm in the process of sorting out now...

I use samplitude pro 10 .. period its my all in 1 software.

I've been using Izotope Ozone 5 for about 4 years now and it never fails me.
I usually add another limiter further down my master-chain just so that I don't push Ozone's limiter too hard.

The limiters I usually add on are either FerricTDS (dynamic tape saturation) or the standard PRO-L.

Another good limiter, that I've heard is good but I don't use is legendary Waves-L1.

Best regards,

Back