Waves Ultrapitch Question

Sirflex10

For those of yo uhtat have used this plugin before , I'm considering purchasing this plugin. However currently I'm recording using a chep mic and my factory sound card. (Don't laugh it actually sounds decent.)

My question is if I purchase this plugin and attempt to add a high & low pitch to stack my vocals will it sound "chip munkish" due to my factory soundcard or can I tweak the plugin like I tweak my current setup to get a decent sound?

And if you do recommend purchasing a better soundcard/audio interface any recommendations?

it will base the new sounds off of the sound you have recorded and yes you can tweek it to be how you like, very nice plugin

I see, so basically garbage in garbage out. I've been doing a pretty good job with my factory sound card.

The one thing that I would purchase to make the biggest difference would be a good pre amp (like FMR RNP for ex.) Also, if you are using the soundcard that came with your computer I'd def upgrade to something with better converters. It will be a world of difference.

What exactly does a preamp do? Does it just increase the signal? Does it basically make is so that my microphone would hear smaller sounds? Thanks!

Back