Want PUNCHY Johnny Juliano Kicks? CLICK HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltraybeatz

Please Like This Thread if it helps

Wassup Bro's ...its ya boi!!!!

I'm here to hep yall get that PUNCHY JJ KICK
Its simple...(keep in mind I use FL Studio)

Here's the requirements
- EQ Basic Knowledge(Im bouta teach you)
- IzoTope Ozone (Optional)
THAT'S IT.....

Ok first of all, go an listen to his music at JohnnyJuliano . com

You can notice that his kicks are banging and his beats are loud too. For you to get that punch you got to have PUNCHY KICKS!! You can even layer them to give it a more punch.

Really....I think it all comes down to the EQ and Mix....and Master.Punchy kicks are obvious.

EQing the Kicks
- You Got to boost the mids to get the punch.Thats where it comes from(I would even boost the bass an mids too). Thats where the kick gets the POP!! from. Find the HotSpot and keep it there.Don't over complicate it.
- To be honest...thats all I do. You can add a compression to it but it dont matter to me.

Mixing/Master
- I want you to take a minute and listen to a johnny juliano beat.The instruments are low and the drums are loud(Kicks and Snare/Clap)
- When you mixing the beat, turn everything down low and mix....All of the Loudness Comes from Mastering it.
- Have the bass low as normal. If I were you i would mix the bass and instruments first then drums last.
- I use IzoTope to Master but you can get a compresser and turn your gain up to make the beat more loud(Mix it low,Mastering makes it loud)

PLUS
- Check out my OLD Video...SUBSCRIBE DUDES.
www . youtube . com/watch?v=B0UGC59CeEY

Thanx For Readin and Check Out My Other Sh*t, lol

While I like Dr. Dre too, the original poster has some good advice.

And not to advertise for Johnny, but he has drum kits available on his page, that could help as well...

Fair enough.

To keep it on topic, Dre used lots of SSL (analog mixing console) compression on his classic records. Will post the link to an article with his techniques in one second...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

'We don’t use a lot of outboard gear,' Dre concurs. 'I doctor the vocal as far as de-essing and maybe some low-end EQ for the kicks. We use a lot of EQ on the console and all the limiters. Most of it comes out of the SSL and into the quad compressor. I like the sound of it on the mix bus. That’s the SSL quad compressor in the center of the console'.

Dr. Dre EQ Magazine Interview

Very in-depth interview with Dre about techniques.

the point I was trying to make is, if your gonna mimic someone sounds.... why not aim a little higher

Who cares?

It's about learning different sounds and techniques.

If there were articles and threads about 100 guys making better sounding music than I do, I'd read them all and try and apply what I can.

That goes from Dr. Dre to Bob from down the street, too many people afraid to learn and work, or have better things to do with their time apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back