Volume loss on rendered files (FL12)

Karhu

Hey there. I got a simple but weird problem with FL 12.
Lets say I take a simple kick sample and edit it a bit. The peak meter on my master channel is showing about -1db when playing the sound. The volume sliders are all at 100%. I render the file to a wav with highest quality settings.
Yet when I load the rendered wav file to a new project, it peaks only around -9db, even when normalized. I've tried all the different rendering options and every possible sound driver with no luck.
What's causing this?

Last edited:
possibly something with the final master of the track perhaps

I got no fx on the master channel so I doubt that :/ We tried this on my friends laptop with FL 11, same thing.
Somehow this does not happen when rendering a full song. Only with single samples. I'm confused.:hmmm:

Maybe it's something to do with the normalise option in the sampler setting (that channel box).. maybe if you normalise a sample there and spit it out, it reverts back to it's original level?
Would still be weird if it does that..

Maybe it's something to do with the normalise option in the sampler setting (that channel box).. maybe if you normalise a sample there and spit it out, it reverts back to it's original level?
Would still be weird if it does that..

FL is a mysterious piece of work, I wouldn't be surprised if it would deactivate the normalize when rendering..

Look here's 2 things you need to know when working with FL studio:
1: Fl studio shit
2: Don't use FL Studio

Okay jk, there's 1 fader you might not know about that might be the culprit. It's located in your task bar. There's also the master fader. Basically if you import a file into FL studio, it should take on the volumes correctly, so it's most likely somewhere in exporting that something goes wrong. Check all the faders you're using and the channel volume in the step sequencer.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Look here's 2 things you need to know when working with FL studio:
1: Fl studio shit
2: Don't use FL Studio

Okay jk, there's 1 fader you might not know about that might be the culprit. It's located in your task bar. There's also the master fader. Basically if you import a file into FL studio, it should take on the volumes correctly, so it's most likely somewhere in exporting that something goes wrong. Check all the faders you're using and the channel volume in the step sequencer.
View attachment 46213

Haha :) Thanks, turned out I'm just an idiot. The volume knobs in the step sequencer are set to 80% as default, never noticed that.

Than you all for the responses.:D

Back