Volume fluctuation fl 11

YYZ

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue. I route all my vocals to send channel for efficiency purposes. But I realized when I try to level out the volumes of vocals and instruments, the volume of each component fluctuates. I noticed this when I click on the original vocal channels vs the send buses they are routed to. Does anyone have an idea of what went wrong?

A dynamic processor is inserted on the signal path.

Thanks for the feedback. If you're referring to gates, compressors, etc, just to be safe I tried deleting every single mixing and mastering plugin to start over, but it's still happening.

Is that what you meant? If not do you mind elaborating?

Here's my second hypothesis:
The "solo" fonction is set pre fader (PFL) so this makes the volume fluctuations when monitoring individual buss or channel with faders gain different from 0 dB.

Here's my second hypothesis:
The "solo" fonction is set pre fader (PFL) so this makes the volume fluctuations when monitoring individual buss or channel with faders gain different from 0 dB.

What do you mean by solo function? Like the button used to isolate a sound while muting everything else?

The only way to transform a bus into a pre-fader bus is using the "Fruity Send" VST, which I've never used before, unless there's a way to change the bus to pre-fader that I don't know about.. but I'm pretty sure that's the only way

Last edited:
I don't know Fruity Loops, but solo is a basic function for every mixing desk even inside a software. Most allows to set the listening point before or after the channel or the buss gain fader.
PFL > pre-fader listenig
AFL > after fader listening

I hope it helps.

I don't know Fruity Loops, but solo is a basic function for every mixing desk even inside a software. Most allows to set the listening point before or after the channel or the buss gain fader.
PFL > pre-fader listenig
AFL > after fader listening

I hope it helps.

Okay cool. I'm going to try to use this info & see what i can do. I'll keep you posted

Last edited:
Okay cool. I'm going to try to use this info & see what i can do. I'll keep you posted

Could you post a video/audio example of your daw/the project for what is doing?

My best thought would be to contact your daw customer support, perhaps they have a formal troubleshoot process they could walk you through to locate the source of issue (s)

Best
-Madhat

Back