Vocals Pitch

Consciousquis

Hey all. I just started mixing my vocals in Cubse. I have added a gate, limiter, compression, EQ and reverb effect. The EQ the vocals again however it seems that the pitch in my vocals changed slightly either that or they sped up. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

i have no idea why this is affecting your pitch..

your effect chain looks pretty bad to be honest. why are you using a gate? what purpose are you using it for?

i have no idea why this is affecting your pitch..

your effect chain looks pretty bad to be honest. why are you using a gate? what purpose are you using it for?

Probably to gate away any background noise in the recording between the words... It's pretty common.

Anyway, could you give us before and after examples of the vocals?
The only thing I can spontaneously come up with is that your plugins gives some latency to the audio, changing the timing of the vocals in context with the track - giving a false impression that it has changed the pitch or tempo.

Hey all. I just started mixing my vocals in Cubse. I have added a gate, limiter, compression, EQ and reverb effect. The EQ the vocals again however it seems that the pitch in my vocals changed slightly either that or they sped up. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

sorry I have no idea without hearing before and after audio

why not just cut it out?

That is what the gate is likely being used for. Saves time in comparison to manually doing it.

You could try turning off your plugins one-by-one to see if one of them i causing your problem. Are you doing a lot of boosting or cutting with EQ? As mentioned already, an audio example would help us hep you!

Back