Vocal Trasforming please help

smiffynw1

Does any one have any good tips for vocal transforming in logic pro x or should i get a separate program ..
thanks ....

Last edited:
what specifically do you want to do in the way of transforming? this is a genuine question as I can think of 5 different types of processes that would all transform a vocal but none of these (or all of these) may be what you are trying to do

Sorry let me explain more when using logics vocal transformer if I'm trying to make a mans voice sound like a woman its sounds robotic or bitty i would like to know how to make them smoother if possible with this transformer or should i just use another voice changer..

If you have a pitch control and a separate formant control, play with both. The rest is experimentation.

GJ

problem with most pitch shifters is that they shift everything ~ the pitch and the spectral structure/formants (aka vocal tract resonances). As you shift up or down digitally this results in unnatural sounding pitch as the resonances are shifted relative to the pitch (higher notes have the formants become closer together, lower notes have the formants move further apart).

In most cases this does not reflect how that note would be generating resonances in a real vocal tract, i.e. the information that tells us about the voice type is distorted

ok thanks for the replies.. GJ i will keep tweaking and see if i can get a better result thank you band coach very helpful info will most likely be back here at some point so hopefully speak soon ?

Try using Little Alter Boy. It's a plugin from soundtoys that lets you shift pitch and formant separately. It was free a few months ago, but I'm not sure if it still is.

Can't recall if/how you can do this with just Logic.

no longer free (was for about a week - missed it mainly because I was not goiing up a bunch of details to go on to yet another mailing list which I wouldn't be buying from)

i don't mind paying the money but would you recommend using this plugin... its just really annoying me that i can't get it the way i want !!!
Band coach you can't say you have 5 tips and not tell me i need all the help i can get plus might help me later on thats if you don't mind of course :cheers:

Last edited:
If you are going to be playing with pitch and formants a lot, then you can check it out. I don't use it that much and don't know how much it costs.

Back