Vocal Options

YungTuneBeats

What is your top 3 vocal effects to use on recorded tracks?
I am looking for quality sounds, and industry effects......

FL User

SPL Twintube, Softube Tube-Tec CL1B, Softube Trident A-Range.
If you have UAD plugins the UA 610 B plugin is killer for an in your face vocal sound.

IK Multimedia EQ81 for EQ, Vlad G's Molot compressor or IK Black76 compressor. I guess that's the three most common I use. The are on damn near every lead vocal I mix.

CLA 2A, 7A and C6 multiband from waves.

TDR feedback compressor (free but great plugin) for killing overly dynamic vocals then, adding richness and width with a parallel phaser. I particularly like using the breathy preset on the Morphoder to add some air and shimmer to stifled vocals.

1 - A good reverb - [Valhalla Room is a good low priced option, an the UAD ones give really nice results]. You can either set the pre delay to a ratio of the track (e.g. 16th or 32nd - Use this to calculate Delay Calculator ? Reverb CalculatorEqually a pre delay round 150 ms can be really effective

2 - For Pop / Commercial style vocals the SPL Vitalizer Mk-2T is really handy, espc to fix a not so flash mic [Plugin alliance/UAD]

3 - Buss Compression on the vocals - e.g. an opto LA2A style (UAD, but also you can get nice results out of Waves Rcomp)

4 - I have been using the Rancorsoft Super Angry Distortion a lot recently (not so much for its bit crushing, but mainly for it's even harmonic distortion (mixed in on a buss)

5 - Soundtoys Little alterboy, on a buss, pitch up an octave, use the drive/distortion and mix in ~20-25dB lower than main vocals,, opens them up nicely.

Back