USING ACID PRO TO RECORD

DIGITUS

I have a problem and maybe someone could help me. I'm using Acid Pro to record my riffs made from Reaktor. My technique consist of playing a rift, recording it, and then using that rift as a guide to play along with as I record the next rift. However, the previous rift I'm using as a guide is being recorded into my additional rift by Acid. ARRRGGGGHHH...

What I desire is to have each rift play as its own individual track without having it re-record previous tracks onto additional ones, but I want to hear the previous tracks as I play the new ones so I know they'll sync together. Does anybody know how to accomplish this in Acid Pro? ( Hopefully this makes sense... ;) )

Thanks

Thanks

I have fruityloops 3 and although I like it, I find it kinda of rigid and non expressive. ;)

Last edited:
hehe

hehe true
but you gotta admit its way better the Acid

thats for sure :D

wait.... wait... if you read carefully this thread something is misunderstood... ;)

fruityloops is a good tracker/soft synth but it is not what DIGITUS needs, as he is already using REAKTOR to generate sounds... he just wants to record audio in multitrack.

Fruityloops doesnt do that...

DIGITUS, you should use reaktor with CUBASE VST and simply record each track individually on audio tracks one by one while reaktor is being sequenced in the background.

Use cubase to SEQUENCE reaktor, so you don't have to "play while you hear the other track to be in sync"... because you will click on the screen to arrange the notes very precisely before you even hear sounds. I have a feeling you are currently just hitting the keys of a controller directly hooked to reaktor. Reaktor can be sequenced just the same way as any MIDI device.

Hope this makes sense. Reaktor is a very well engineered program by the way.

DIGITUS, if you need advice or help with sequencing or recording with cubase and reaktor, post your questions.

Back