Used Protools software

basixxx

What's up people

I want to purchase Protools software but my budget is a bit tight. How do ya'll feel about used protools software. I'm going to install it on my laptop pc.

basixxx said:
What's up people

I want to purchase Protools software but my budget is a bit tight. How do ya'll feel about used protools software. I'm going to install it on my laptop pc.

if it works, then it is fine.

...and I assume you are talking about the software and hardware... the software doesn't work without the hardware.

dvyce said:

if it works, then it is fine.

...and I assume you are talking about the software and hardware... the software doesn't work without the hardware.

Pardon my ignorance on the subject. By hardware do you mean the ins and outs? Also, which model of protools is the the older version. I know the new one is the series 7.

basixxx said:

Pardon my ignorance on the subject. By hardware do you mean the ins and outs? Also, which model of protools is the the older version. I know the new one is the series 7.

ProTools software (the sequencer) does not on it's own... you need their hardware interface: mbox, digi001, digi002, mix system, HD system, etc.

You cannot just install the software and use it.

this is a fact regardless of which version you use.

dvyce said:

ProTools software (the sequencer) does not on it's own... you need their hardware interface: mbox, digi001, digi002, mix system, HD system, etc.

You cannot just install the software and use it.

this is a fact regardless of which version you use.

oHH, OK, that's why the sh*t is so cheap. But my other question is what is the are the actual versions that are out now?

basixxx said:

oHH, OK, that's why the sh*t is so cheap. But my other question is what is the are the actual versions that are out now?

I would imagine that the version that is "out now" is the latest version, like is the case with most software.

I am not sure that I am understanding your question.

Back