Understanding EQ / Everthing in its own space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks this really helps a brotha out...I felt some of my beats wasn't soundin right Imma copy and paste this whole thing.

I look at the charts as just a guide not a gospel map. It is a area you have to figure out if it'll work on your song or particular sound your eqin..

Great read, thoroughly enjoyed it. But you may want to use the term frequency correctly, especially speaking with other people, because you threw me off for a moment.

I assume that we all know that the range of what most humans can hear runs from 20 hz to 20khz, so from 20 to 20,000 frequencies per second is all the human ear can deal with.

You mean 20 to 20,000 Hz which is 20 to 20,000 cycles per second = frequency (or frequency range). And here:

maybe even up into the 4000 freqs or more

Rather than 4000 freqs you should say 4000 Hz (period = 1/4000 or 4000 periods/cycles per second, which would be what the frequency is).

But that aside, like I said I enjoyed this very much, glad it's a sticky. :D

Last edited:
thanks friends.....
for ur broadmind to share....

i would say,
its only a map to guide u...
everything is n ur creative mind....
only....

happy moments...

Better than classes at Conservatory of Recording Arts in AZ.
Any reader is wise to peep this knowledge out.
Props, and respect

this reference could possibly be made into a downloadable script, possibly PDF

seems like there is a lot of confusion between 1,000 Hz and 1kHz....

we should've done our metric system homework and realized they are the same. I've heard it come up a lot...maybe joking

very helpful stuff none-the-less

Mayh3mDaGlaD8R said:
seems like there is a lot of confusion between 1,000 Hz and 1kHz....

we should've done our metric system homework and realized they are the same. I've heard it come up a lot...maybe joking

very helpful stuff none-the-less

I wasn't talking about hz and khz because that was definitely right, but I was actually talking about the use of the word frequency. Read my post above (specifically the second sentence and you'll see what I mean). That was my only beef, other than that like I said before awesome posts.:cheers:

thanks Tim20

thanks tim20. that was impressive.you ve just answered my question.
love to get to know u more.

i am Neduction.
phone:+2347030724479.Nigeria.
u can call to send ur number.
neduction@yahoo.com

Man, don't even mess with that EQ. What did Dre do when it was all up about the EQ?? He was like, "**** that, man, where's my SSL" And so now everybody wants that 4004G Comp on thery're stuff, like it's a compressor, but makes things like an EQ so if you tried to EQ it to make it better, it would be like running underneath all your jankass stuff yelling "you think you even touched me mother****er?"

If you tracked you **** right in the first place, you don't need no damn EQ just get that 4004 Comp SSL on your **** and you just be like "DAAAAA-|AAAAYUm!!"

, Once you tried the real **** its just the real and the "where are you? You too far away."

hey great tutorial man. im a novice to this and i would appreciate any more info anyone could offer to share with me. good stuff man

I have just read through this whole post, from start to end.

Some great info in here, I have made a word doc with everything I found most useful.

I am looking forward to putting it all into practice. Cheers for the info.

I did notice a few people regarding it as crap, but at the end of the day, its advice, not a strict recording A-Z. Instead of complaining why not take the parts that you find useful, and ignore the parts you disagree with. OR why not add your opinions and tips? I am sure some will have great use for your expertise

Once again, thanks a bunch.

T-S-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back