tracking using digital optical cable- MV8800 to digi003

inferno-music

im getting the mv8800 soon to make beats on. Ill need to track it to my digi 003 but i havnt got enough money to get the expansion board. would it be feasible to track out using the digital optical out on the mv to the digital optical in on the 003.

im a bit unsure of what this cable actually is. can it track 8/16 channels at once? there seems to be a few terms that are used are they all the same thing?

- ADAT light pipe
- tos link
- digital optical cable

it would be great for some advice on this

thanks

damn i have the digi003 and the mv8000, i'm searching for these same answers bro. but if you check out mvnation you can dind a lil more. if you do let me know how ya do it. and also this what i got but cant figure it out. help me out if you understand it......

(MIKE ACOSTA WROTE THIS)

Midi Clock / MTC to slave the MV to PT

MultiTimbre mode on the MV to control it as a sound module from PT

Youll need the MV8-OP1 if you wanna track multiple tracks out of the MV into the 003 , instead of 1 track at a time with the standard stereo outs.

iTunes cant run because the 003 is open & already using the CoreAudio driver.
Check out my MV-8800 video live from Namm 07 !

(THIS WHAT I WROTE)

Thanks mike. these are some helpful answers.

im gonna try and check that multrytimbre out. so just switch multytimbre to the "on" position. should i leave the "pad tx channel" on -9 and the "audio phrase Rx channel" off? and on the "sync" just change the "sync mode" to slave - midi (midi) or on the mmc? cause the mtc dont show to slave it? well i'll give it a go and see what happens.....

****should i have my midi in from mv goin to midi out on digi003, and midi in from digi to midi out on my keyboerd and midi in from keyboard to midi out on mv? this is cinfusing.... then have my master 3//4" running out from mv's master to the digi's aux or "alt"?
erick552005
Newbie MVer

***HIT ME BACK WITH SOME INFO >>...

that is confusing i think it depends on what you want as your main workstation let me know how it goes. as for the optical cable im gonna try it this week n let you know.

An adat cable is a Toslink cable which is a digital optical cable.

Adat can tranfer 8 channels of audio 1 way.

Back