Tips on how to make tracks sound the same on every speaker/headphones?

JMolter

I want to hear your opinions on this. Sometimes my tracks sound great with my expensive headphones but sound horrible through my speakers or crappy headphones(Can't hear bass, high ends aren't as strong, etc.). I just want to know how to make my songs sound the same on all speakers and headphones like the pros do.

You can't really. It is not possible for a mix to sound the same on Macbook speakers as it would on a 12" system.

But I get what you mean.

Always mix on speakers. Use analyzers to compare the frequency spectrum with professional tracks. Reference your mixes on several systems, bad speakers, good ones, headphones. The most common problem is too much bass, overcompensating for the fact that it's not easily heard on small speakers. Instead, turn it down and focus on the mids in the bass as they will sound through laptop speakers, whilst the sub frequencies won't.

Listen to the equipment you have, and then mix based on that.
Cuz you should be mixing relatively [not overly unless it's a style choice] flat.

So rule of thumb is, screw built in speakers. [They do not produce the same frequencies no matter what you do, so do not bother]
300$+ studio monitors.
60-200$ headphones.
20$ and below headphones or a music bullet for extra references.

No matter what you are playing you music with just have a reference track of a published industry song to play and compare your song to.

If you are able to...bringing the mixed file to a friends house, play in the car, another speaker system. Try to get as much of a broad perspective on your mix.

Back