Time Compression

Sleazball

Hey people...I got a finished beat and it's real slow 75 bpm...I got an artist that wants to use it but he needs it at 80 BPM... but I don't want to just speed it up cause the pitch will change. Any plug-ins/suggestions? I heard Ableton does this well, but i dont own it.
HELP!

If you use a sample, time stretch the sample to whatever tempo you want and then change the tempo on the beat. Don't time stretch the entire track if you don't need to. Even though this may be easier, you will lose quality and time-stretching is not perfect.

I learned to keep time-stretching to a minimum the hard way while messing around with the timing on different parts of the same drum part. In the end, things were slightly off but fairly noticeable. It's not as bad with one track but it's also not necessary. You'll also spend less time on it in the long run because you won't have to time stretch every time if you need to do several exports for whatever reason.

You may be able to time stretch with what you have now depending on what program you are using. Check your manual for time stretching in your manual index.

Amen sleepy :)
The people that still insist on the old myth that it makes no difference if you time stretch/compress a shorter part or a whole track might as well learn it the hard way ;)

My advice would be to re-record/remix the whole beat from scratch at 80BPM. Best result guaranteed...

easy
B#

Back