is there anyway to....

mista d

I just recorded a mix on my computer but the sound becomes distorted in some sections of the mix. I kept the levels below zero (db) but it still came out fuzzy during some vocals and bass... so is there any program that can remove/normalize the sound so that it is clear again? I'd hate to have to do the mix over but it looks like that's what's gonna happen...

oh well:(

-when you say you kept the levels below 0db, the levels on what? your mixer? computer? software? toaster? follow this link to your salvation, my bruthah:cool:

ok, well, my levels on the computer were not adjusted proper (recording volume too high) so I fixed it and redid the mix... came out better this time too so its cool

so for everyone else recording - keep mixer levels below 0 and also on your computer record a small bit and make sure the sound doesn't peak into the red (or even yellow too much just to be safe... you can always boost the volume in a sound editor) and it should be irie

You also have to be quite carefull with bass frequencies. Meters don't track them well , and often the meters say OK but your ears tell you different. Trust your ears ALWAYS.

Back