SUBPAC: Can I use it for mixing? Does it translate? Can I get smaller monitors?

DimensionX

My biggest fear about having monitors is being able to use them in a shared accommodation rental. I have brought and returned multiple pairs because I get excited but then remember that my rental situation is prone to change because sadly, that's how rentals work. Sometimes you need to move for whatever reason, or they bring their relatives in, or like my last rental - I had to move because the couple that owned the house broke up!

But I am absolutely sold on using monitors for mixing. They are SO much more forgiving as opposed to headphones which fatigue my ears despite being open back. The problem with monitors is that I'm not the only person who can feel the sub frequencies...

Then I heard about SUBPAC and the first most important question I have is: Does it translate to better mixes? Is it reliable?

If I get the SUBPAC, does this mean I can finally get a pair of monitors that don't have to be 8"s? Does this mean I can get a smaller pair (like 4") and have the SUBPAC REPLACE a subwoofer? The frequency response for the SUBPAC is 5hz-130hz. How does it perform the pitch of 130hz?

Ultimately I will be taking my music to a studio, but I want to work with a setup that will develop my ears to the FULL SPECTRUM.

...My hopes are very, very high

Back