Studying sound postprodutcion

QuietMan

Does anybody know any good course or school in England in sound postproduction for film or tv?(specially if it's higher education), any help it'll be welcome, thanks for helping!

tricky - you at the Islington SAE??

I start my course there as of Sept 2002. Taking a year to arse about a bit first and get money together. I've been accepted for the Recording Arts course. :)

acutally im at SAE India :) they opened up here 2000 June im their first student :) congrats on being accepted for the course . it will open ur mind up to a world of possibilities :D

Tricky:

After perusing the site and the catalog for just a few minutes I'm getting pretty interested in the audio production course. I work about 12 blocks away from the NY location so it seems pretty convenient. I know the audio production course is pretty general but how much of what you've learned have you used in your own production work? Is it geared at all towards producing electronic music? Is it worth taking the 18 month part-time program just to learn the audio production process for my own production work even though I don't think I'd make a career out of it? I'd appreciate any insight you have on your experience so far with sae. Thanks.

Ramon

im glad ur taking an interest in this field. the course has really opened up a world of opportunities for me. it doesnt coach u for any particular genre of music but it lets u grow and develop ur own interests. id give it a 9/10 for letting u be urself. and its worth taking up. hit me back for more info

It is very worth your time taking thge 18month part time course as this will get you far more practical time ( as you can book it 24hrs in advance ). However SAE are thinking of dropping the 18month course and rolling the fulltime in with the Degree option , so ya betta be fast in your decision.

If you are a self motivated individual you will get an awfull lot out of the course , if you are not then you won't make it in the industry anyway.

Although I did my course a long time ago now , I have learnt things there that even top class producers don't know , simply because in a proffessional environment there is no time to muck around.

So if you go make sure you are in there day and night and throw sleep at the wall ... its all good practice for the real world. ;)

Oh and something they won't teach you which is of upmost importance in the industry ... etiquette.

Learn to be humble , polite and obliging. This is what will get you a job when you leave ... not the education.

Back