Studio Time

Vulpine

Hi

I have just finished my first project, but i feel it just needs a few tweaks to finish it off.
I was considering booking a few hours in my local studio to do this.
Do you think this is a worth while exercise? as i would get a engineer sat with me for a few hours helping me iron out any issues with it?

Last edited:
What do you mean by tweaks? Do you mean you want them to actually add in parts and change the song or do you want them to make adjustments to the mix? If you just want them to make adjustments you could offer to pay them to mix one track and ask if you can be in the studio so they can explain each step while they do it. It could be worthwhile but keep in mind they'll probably be using a different DAW and different plug-ins so it won't perfectly translate to the equipment you use.

Hi

All the elements i want are already in the track and arranged. I want them to help make adjustments to the mix to make it sound more professional.
Hopefully they can highlight mistakes and explain where ive gone wrong.
They said i could sit in with the engineer and they have the same DAW and plugins as i have already.

If the engineer is good and honest. I have a client right now that got the run around for $1,000s of dollars and ended up having to sue the engineer to get his hard drive back!

It's worth it IF the engineer is good and honest. I would NEVER EVER recommend doing this by finding a studio you like and booking time with whatever engineer they give you. Instead, you should find a mix engineer you like and book time at whatever studio they work at, or hire them to come to your place and do it on your system.

Back